« Home | Aw, Geez - Here we go again... » | Pro-Life License Plates vs. Choice?.. » | Goodnight...Early Morning » | What's Your Opinion?.. » | The Competent Ms. Rice - The Clacking Babara Boxer » | Bush's "Second Term" - The JibJab Story » | A Much Belated Congratulations For Charleston » | To Camden, To Camden, To Camden We Shall Go » | Excerpts - Mayor Bubba 1/15/2005 » | About Me » 

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 

Governor Sanford - State of the State Address 2005

First impressions mean a lot and that is just what this post is, a first impression. Later after digesting Governor Sanford’s 2005 State of State address, I can give you a more detailed analysis.

The speech lacked energy, specifics, forcefulness, and yes, substance. I liked the idea of competitiveness (as a Republican I would), tax reform, government restructuring, and school choice. Even while I was agreeing with some of the subject matter, I was left with a sense of “spell-it-out” or using the more colloquial term, “spit-it-out!.” I was ready for the “go for the jugular” or the “lets get to the meat and potatoes.” My first impression, “Where’s the beef!?..”