« Home | No To "No Child Left Behind" » | Tsunami - Who's Working Who's Not » | Tragedy in Granteville » | Our Lizard Catchers » | Tampon Saves Marine's Life » | Customer Service Blahs » | Unfinished Business and What's Coming » | An Unselfish Spirt... » | Target Stores - Scrooge Continues » | Let Us Remember Our History » 

Monday, January 10, 2005 

The Lord's Prayer


The following is the Lord' Prayer as written by, I believe the very neglected poet, D. H. Lawrence:

LORD’S PRAYER

For thine is the kingdom
The power, and the glory –

Hallowed be thy name, then
Thou who art nameless –

Give me, Oh give me
besides my daily bread
my kingdom, my power, and my glory.

All things that turn to thee
have their kingdom, their power, and their glory.

Like the kingdom of the nightingale at twilight
whose power and glory I have often heard and felt.

Like the kingdom of the fox in the dark
yapping in his power and his glory
which is death to the goose.

Like the power and the glory of the goose in the mist
honking over the lake.

And I, a naked man, calling
calling to thee for my mana,
my kingdom, my power, and my glory.