« Home | Swing Low, Sweet Chariot » | Memory & Amazing Grace » | Benjamin Franklin: Where are you today? » | Long Last Week » | Nighttime Woes » | A Little Wine » | Today » | Yesterday » | Baseball: Grandson & Aging Grandfather » | Senility » 

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 

Day to Day Grind

A planned Trip cancelled so it is back to the same ‘ol grind each day. Get up and eat breakfast at 6:15 AM – it is either EAT or receive substance through a D-N feeding tube. I prefer to eat if my swallowing is not impaired too much although in actuality I have NO appetite. If it was not for the wife’s insistence, I imagine I would forgo eating altogether.

At 6:50 AM, it is one set of meds and then I try to visit a few of my favorite blogs by 7: AM when the meds begin to kick in. At around 7:30 AM it is a mandatory sleep until around 10:00 AM when I take my second set of meds. By then I am either violently sick or not – I think it is my meds causing the problem but it does not happen everyday.

I normally try to stay up except during those times that I am ill and then it is back in bed. By noontime if I can eat, it is generally a half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It is then into the shower and by the time one o’clock rolls around it is back to bed until around three or 3:30 PM.

By this time, one or two more meds are taken depending solely on how I feel. Never during all this time is my nitroglycerin far away. When the three grandchildren arrive around 4 o’clock and begin their homework I disappear to my little cubbyhole in the back with my computer and books.

At the mention of books, I am now having smaller publishing houses sending ME books for review. H-L, I can hardly get through my own books that I normally read but they are offering small amounts of money but with my health as precarious as it is and as much as I would absolutely love to, I well have to say no. The letters are already typed but I have yet to send them off. Why now? Why not when I was well and capable of this type of activity?

It is past time for my nighttime meds, actually, I have already taken the eleven o’clock pills and now only lack the two pills that control my brain’s neurological function during sleep. I normally go to bed between twelve or one o’clock at night because on the average I can average between 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night. When I awaken, I may get out of bed and get a cup of coffee and just sit in my lounge chair or at times look at the news on the computer. At one time I was a big news junkie but being an emotional jerk the pressure of yelling at ignorant politicians became too much. Afterwards I will lie back down but never fall into a sleep mode and will arose when my wife calls me for breakfast.

This is the most I have said about by self other to mention occasional mishaps with my illness and actually, I am not that so sure I will actually post it. Maybe.