« Home | Death in Iraq: A Special Request » | A Comment To La Shawn Barber » | James Longstreet - Lee's Maligned General » | Conversation with Susan Wild » | An Inspirational Young Soldier » | One Single Event, One Single Day » | Three Powerful Words » | Target Still Battling Salvation Army » | Our Fallen Heroes » | Fantasy of Lights » 

Monday, December 13, 2004 

Hard Times Ahead - Again

No long post this evening, it appears that a little over a year since my last heart catheterization and stint implant, angina clusters are beginning again. A BUMMER! The scary part, they are waking me up at night necessitating more and more sprays of oral nitroglycerine. Since my first heart attack, I’ve taken a sleeping aid at night. This should give you an idea of the pain severity of each attack. A year ago, I honestly thought I was out of the woods and my frequent bouts with angina would end. Intellectually, I should have known better because of the progressiveness of heart disease. My mother died of a heart attack – I watched her die thus the help sleeping at night by using a sleeping pill. Even then, I put off going to bed as long as I can.

My email to WCOS in Columbia was returned, the Director of Music Glen Garrett would be out of his office until December 20, 2004. I’ll make a call to WCOS in the morning and I understand there is a Country and Western station in Manning, SC, also. I hope that they will participate in honoring the soldier of my last post by playing Toby Keith’s “American Soldier” on Wednesday, December 15, 2004, at 1 pm EST. This post is longer than expected so I’ll sign off and tell you later about our progressive Christmas dinner tonight with our two closest couples and the true meaning of friendship.

Peace and goodnight from the Barber Shop…