« Home | A Heavenly Meal » | Folger's and Eggs » | My Wife the Cook!! » | New Name - New Place » | Folger's in the Morning! » | Folger's Coffee in the Morning!! » | Divine Proportion » | "Life on a Train" » | Letter to a Friend » | Soul Searching » 

Monday, November 21, 2005 

Impotent!! Again...

That’s me tonight. My daughter-in-law called from their home, an hour and fifteen minutes away, and was asking if the wife could come over and watch the two grandsons. My son was again in almost intolerable pain from a kidney stone. He had gone to Lexington Medical Emergency Room, the butcher shop of Columbia, two days ago. They sent him home and basically said you’ll have to tolerate the pain until you pass the stone.

The wife called our daughter who lives on the same farm so she is going with our son to the emergency room while our two granddaughters spend the night here. I’m glad because if you knew my daughter, she’s feisty and spunky, and whoa-be-gone if some ER doctor crosses her! They say she is the spitting image of me with our personalities the same, explosive. She raised almighty hell several times in my defense during my many, many Emergency Room visits and ambulance rides.

I cannot drive because of my illness but I have secretly begun a plan to wean myself off all my medicine. I am TIRED of this crap! I intend to get my drivers license back come hell or high water…

See you again when I calm down…

Just stumbled on your blog and we are somewhat your neighbors - in SC anyway. We live in Clearwater, between Aiken and Augusta, Ga. Both my daughters and one son-in-law went to college in Columbia.

Never had a kidney stone, thank the Lord, but my older brother says that they are as close as a man gets to labor pains.

I am retired as well - from BellSouth in '02 - lifelong blue collar. Hope you get on OK with the medicine thing. ec

Post a Comment | Return Home