« Home | UPDATE: MY Son... » | Impotent!! Again... » | A Heavenly Meal » | Folger's and Eggs » | My Wife the Cook!! » | New Name - New Place » | Folger's in the Morning! » | Folger's Coffee in the Morning!! » | Divine Proportion » | "Life on a Train" » 

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 

Son: Back at the ER...

My son is back in the ER! After last night and early this morning, the ER doctor gave him some strong drugs for pain and nausea. My daughter said he was just about out of it last night but they sent him home anyway believing he would soon pass the kidney stone.

Later on today my son began feeling better and went to work. He takes after his mother and I when it comes to the work ethnic. But towards this evening, he came close to passing out in his van and was able to stop near a neighbor’s house. He was again taken back to the local butcher shop known far and wide as “The Emergency Room.”

His “wife” called my daughter now she and her oldest daughter are in route to the hospital in Columbia, SC. My youngest granddaughter is spending the night with us. My wife was going but my son wanted my daughter with him in case Ms. Feisty had to do her thing, raise hell.

I’ve actually had a very bad day with most of it in confusion that I cannot even remember. My body feels as if I’ve had a seizure with the many, many muscle aches and inability to maintain my balance. I keep thinking I NEED my driving license but then along comes a day like today – BAD…

We are at this moment waiting on a call from my daughter. Ahhh! The phone is ringing. Let me stop a minute and I’ll be right back.

My daughter hurriedly called saying they are admitting my son to the hospital and the surgeons will surgically remove the kidney stone tomorrow. DAMN… She had to go because she saw the doctor coming down the hall. I’ll be back as soon as she calls…

Update 11:22 PM: My son is now resting comfortably in an observation room at the hospital. A urologist will visit him in the morning to determine if surgery is the correct method to use. Our daughter and granddaughter are now on their way back home and we plan a trip first thing in the morning. We will also be picking up my oldest grandson Tee so that he can stay with us awhile.

yikes, all i am picturing is Kramer on Seinfeld passing the stone at the circus.... ack!

Post a Comment | Return Home