« Home | Impotent!! Again... » | A Heavenly Meal » | Folger's and Eggs » | My Wife the Cook!! » | New Name - New Place » | Folger's in the Morning! » | Folger's Coffee in the Morning!! » | Divine Proportion » | "Life on a Train" » | Letter to a Friend » 

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 

UPDATE: MY Son...

An Update: Son

My daughter got my son to the ER shortly before 11:45 last night - after waiting 45 minutes she, ahhh she "spoke" to the head nurse and supervising ER doctor and my son was taken back to the examination room with in five minutes.

My son was kept for observation and X-rays for several hours. The first time my daughter called she said the son was doped up and snoring away. The doctors decided it was not another kidney stone but the same one. The stone now lodged only 1 inch from expelling itself. The doctors gave him some stronger medicine to help with the stone and pain and sent him on home until he was able to pass the stone at about 2:30 in the morning.

I would rather have seen them admit him at least for observation since this was his second trip to the ER within 3 days. A friend of mine said the pain of a kidney stone was as close as a man gets to having labor pains or the excruciating pain associated with a heart attack - that pain is still vivid after 3 heart attacks since 1996.

I told you, my daughter is the one to have with you in difficult situations! She dressed down the head of orthopedic surgery at the Medical University at South Carolina (MUSC)Charleston, SC, when they abruptly canceled the wife's elbow surgery. We had gotten up around five that morning to take the two-hour ride. My daughter living in Florida at that time left much earlier.

After waiting for some time my daughter came back furious saying MUSC cancelled the operation because the doctor had to leave, Off again was my daughter, a long story made short, my daughter told them someone was doing that surgery because she did not drive all the way from Florida for nothing,

The head Doctor of MUSC's Orthopedic Surgery performed the operation himself and admitted that he was glad he did because my wife had trouble on the operating table because of a problem with her smaller than normal airway.

Yep, that's my daughter!



The following is this mornings weather coutesey of wunderground.com:




STATUS: 6:55 AM
CONDITIONS: Mostly Cloudy
AIR TEMP: 45 °F
WIND: West at 10 mph
VISIBILITY: 7 miles
LATITUDE: 34.053
LONGITUDE: -80.345