« Home | Home Living: Southern New Year's Meal » | 2006!! » | Happy New Year: Tomorrow » | Christmas Mix Recipe » | Surgery Over » | Surgery Day » | Aliens » | Morning » | This Coming Week » | Christmas Morn! » 

Sunday, January 01, 2006 

What Books are you Reading?

Let’s see, I have just finished reading, The Man Without A Country, by Dr. Edward Everett Hale for the – I simply do not remember the number of times I have read this most patriotic story of moral and spiritual truth.

Can anyone give me the definitive secret behind the initial and long-term appeal of this short story? What genera of literature do you enjoy reading?

Many of my friends know or maybe they do not know that since the age of 26 or 27-I read at a minimum 15 minutes - could be longer but no less - of Shakespeare every night. Currently, The Tragedy of Macbeth is the read for again the unknown number of times - I am now in Act IV, Scene II, and Line 70. As you can tell, I have only recently just begun reading Macbeth again.

In the back of the house through the kitchen sites my computer desk holding my computer essentials, books, and assorted paraphernalia. Also in this 6.5 x 8.0 foot area are two five-shelf bookcases loaded two rows to a shelf with books - two and three rows of books sit on top of each bookcase. Just to the right of my little space sits the furnace and laundry room (according to “The Wife,” keep my D-n books out of her laundry space!

The wife’s formal Living Room has a five-shelf bookcase also loaded with books but arranged in a much more orderly fashion as well as the den. The mantle holds a plethora of smaller books held in an upright position by two elaborate bookends. The bedrooms also contain books but no more than the grandchildren’s although those bookcases also contain their books.

My archival boxes with my collections are stored in a special section of the attic. Also in the attic are more and more boxes of books and papers all protected by archival wrapping and lesser books just normally stored. A Book Inventory program that I have managed to keep running since the early, early days (yes, I broke the code and rewrote the program years ago prior to any illness – give you any idea of a previous “hobby?”) helps me keep track of my books and there locations.

Man, did I get off track but that is nothing new to me. We will get back to discussing books in another post and I’ll give you a smitten of book titles I can see from my chair.

Until then,

See you soon…