« Home | Aliens » | Morning » | This Coming Week » | Christmas Morn! » | Blessings » | One Big Hurt » | Faith and Trust » | Wrapping Day » | Hearts Passing in the Night » | Christians Under Assault » 

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 

Surgery Day

It is time! Jane’s surgery is today and I am petrified. Patsy will take us to the hospital’s new Outpatient Surgery Center this morning. Jane must be there at 8:00 o’clock this morning. Surgery will take a little over two hours then recovery is scheduled for about the same length of time. Jane must be awake during the entire period of surgery because they must check her vision during each cut on the eyelids.

Me, I am petrified. Ever since I became ill, Jane has always been there. Through three heart attacks, operations with more operations, six angioplasties with stints, hospitalizations because of petit and uncontrollable grand mal seizures, the atrocious and staggering attacks of pain and bleeding from my CAA. But just as important those times when I become confused and do not know who I am or for that matter whom anyone is.

Last night was long with very little sleep and a CAA headache most likely brought on by nerves. The night before was no different. Jane is up washing a load of clothes, doing dishes and otherwise acting as if today is but yet another day. In fact she is now calling me telling me my breakfast is ready. She makes me eat because I have no appetite and watches over me because I have swallowing problems associated with CAA.

Jane is going about this morning as if it is a normal everyday occurrence and that is because she does not show her fears or emotions until highly provoked.

Time to go.

See you soon…