« Home | Faith and Trust » | Wrapping Day » | Hearts Passing in the Night » | Christians Under Assault » | Better, I Hope » | Walking Pneumonia » | Under the Weather » | True Meaning of Christmas » | Update: First Amendment 12/01/05 » | Mountains of Creation » 

Thursday, December 22, 2005 

One Big Hurt

Yep, fell four feet onto my left hip, back, and head today out of Pecan tree! Now you might want to ask why an individual with a seriously bad heart and other major heath problems was doing in a tree. And that’s exactly why I DID NOT go to the ER – no way was I going to tell my three doctors why I was in that tree! But by everything holy, there is NOT one place on my body that doesn’t HURT…

A grandfather must do what he must do – after hearing a shrill scream coming from outside, I found my 9 year-old granddaughter stuck about 13 feet up in the pecan tree. Not waiting to think and running right pass a ladder my body bounded straight up that tree. She was saved and this ole boy fell on the way down.

Of course, the admonitions began right away from my daughter and later from the wife. Lucky for me she was in town shopping when my little escape happened. When she returned home and found out it was one tirade after another. She even had the audacity to tell me if I had broken my hip I would spend the holidays in a nursing home ALONE!!!

It’s back to bed with four Advil!!!

You're lucky you didn't break anything. I hope you remember the ladder next time. Either that or let the kids learn how to "un-climb" a tree when they decide to climb one. They bounce better and heal faster than we do when they fall. Hope you get to feeling better before Santa comes.

Post a Comment | Return Home