« Home | Update: First Amendment 12/01/05 » | Mountains of Creation » | U.S. Constitution: First Amendment » | My Son and My Memory Loss » | New Bedtime Rules » | Hard Sleep » | Weather This Morning » | Son: Back in Hospital » | Morning Weather Report » | Rage: A Recycled Post » 

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 

True Meaning of Christmas

The following is a small recycled part of a post I made on December 1, 2004 - today is most appropriate for all of us to hear the words of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ again:

However, let us not forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our Lord who came among us as a man taught us the “lowliness of mind and unselfishness of spirit” (Author unknown) not only with words but also by action. Before the Last Supper Jesus washed and dried the feet of all his disciples even to include the one who would later betray him.

Jesus then asked his disciples, “Do you understand the meaning of what I have done to you?”

“You call me your Teacher and your Lord, and you are right, for I am both Teacher and Lord. Well, if I, who am your Teacher and your Lord, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet. I have set you an example, that you should do what I have done to you. I tell you truly, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sends him. If you know all this, you are happy if you do them.”

The next time you see that small red kettle and bell-ringer let us all remember Christ’s so humbling action and place a donation inside. Those pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and more may help wash the feet of one person in so much need physically and spiritually.

John 13:1-20.

Test of comments

Post a Comment | Return Home