« Home | Christmas Morn! » | Blessings » | One Big Hurt » | Faith and Trust » | Wrapping Day » | Hearts Passing in the Night » | Christians Under Assault » | Better, I Hope » | Walking Pneumonia » | Under the Weather » 

Monday, December 26, 2005 

This Coming Week

Jane has eyelid surgery on both eyes this coming Wednesday. She suffers from a genetic condition that allows both eyelids to drop over time eventually causing partial blindness. Jane has already lost complete peripheral vision and night vision in her left eye and the same is beginning on her right eye.

As Jane is my primary Caretaker, I am scared to death. Normally it is me in the hospital with seizures, heart attack, or my CAA brain disease and not Jane. She has been incapacitated only two other times in her life. Once when she was very little and contracted Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (she came close to dying on that one), and when she fell and broke her elbow several years ago.

Since I no longer am allowed to drive, Jane’s best friend Patsy is driving us to the hospital and back. I’ve taken my med’s for tonight and already feel dizzy.

See you soon…