« Home | This Coming Week » | Christmas Morn! » | Blessings » | One Big Hurt » | Faith and Trust » | Wrapping Day » | Hearts Passing in the Night » | Christians Under Assault » | Better, I Hope » | Walking Pneumonia » 

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 

Morning

This morning has been a total B-h! Actually, most of the night’s been that way too and after so many, many years the cause is again quite obvious, a possible small bleed into my brain from my old nemesis, Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy (CAA). See, I do know how to spell the name but most of the time chose not to. It is a disease although rare when diagnosed in a 53 year old man similar to Alzheimer’s disease but with its own peculiarities. Along with memory loss, it is more prone to cause a stroke at any second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or year. And did I mention it is also incurable.

My health during childhood was up and down with a disease around the age of ten shortly after having the measles and mumps. I was in a coma for approximately three months, which left me with a lifelong problem with epileptic seizures. Medication from that point on helped me live a perfectly normal life that is until the diagnosis with CAA in which they intensified. My doctor at the Mayo Clinic believes the disease, CAA, is genetically inherited. And may well have been causing memory problems somewhere in the neighborhood of two years of being diagnosed.

A major heart attack in 1996 virtually put an end to a twenty-three year career of public service working in the design, oversight, inspection of major domestic and industrial wastewater discharges to the nation’s water bodies, and teaching the basics of the math surrounding the design and operation at a Community College.

Am I feeling sorry for my self this morning H-l yes! It will pass as it always does but it is most depressing when it hits. Today will be one of a constant headache with bouts of possible confusion though not always on the confusion part.

I do not mention this often but Word Prediction software is a blessing and one I must use so if some of the above is slightly stilted I apologize.

See you soon…