« Home | What to Post? » | A Small Setback » | An Inconsequential Post » | Back » | Medical Problems » | Day to Day Grind » | Swing Low, Sweet Chariot » | Memory & Amazing Grace » | Benjamin Franklin: Where are you today? » | Long Last Week » 

Friday, February 24, 2006 

Teenager!

Sitting in my little corner of the world, surrounded by books and my computer, remembrances of past times flowed like a crooked river through this old man’s brain. Then something hit me of a revelation my grandson made on his tenth birthday several weeks ago.

He was at the kitchen table eating his birthday cake and ice cream when he looked directly at me and said, “BoBo, I will be thirteen in three years.” All thoughts of my teenage years past before my eyes and all I could think of was, “God have Mercy, God have Mercy!”

All of us good Lutherans are well versed in saying, “God have Mercy, God have Mercy.” But coming from my thoughts and remembering my past teenage years it just does not have the same meaning or interpretation as it does in the Liturgy.

See you soon…

and to think, i'm in my final teenage year! oi...

Post a Comment | Return Home