« Home | Weather Report » | The Toilet Paper Hang... » | Son: Back at the ER... » | UPDATE: MY Son... » | Impotent!! Again... » | A Heavenly Meal » | Folger's and Eggs » | My Wife the Cook!! » | New Name - New Place » | Folger's in the Morning! » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

Surgery: Son at Noon...

The hospital scheduled my son’s surgery today to remove his kidney stone starting around noontime. We have “yet” to hear from his “wife!” Jane’s father had kidney stones suffering gnawing, gripping, and horrible pain from each episode as Jane remembers.

Why oh why hasn’t someone called?!? If I weren’t stuck in this miserable shell of a slowly disintegrating body, I would be at that hospital this minute.

Jane and I traveled to Columbia early this morning to retrieve our oldest grandson. He will be staying with us awhile – he has his medical problems too. Along with being extremely bright, he suffers from ADHD and Tourette’s syndrome. He suffers from a milder form of Tourette’s syndrome, mild to moderate “tics”, not the vocal and involuntary obscene speech most people associate with the syndrome.

I’ll give an update as soon as or if I ever here a DAMN progress report.

It is now past time for my noon med’s and a short nap.

See you soon…

UPDATE 6:34 PM: My son came through surgery and recovery very well. The doctors released him from the hospital about 30 minutes ago. He is still in some pain but only from the surgery. He must return to the hospital on an outpatient basis in 10 days for removal of a stint.

Edd,

Glad your son is doing better. A friend of mine went through the same thing yesterday.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and a happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Best Wishes,
RB

Post a Comment | Return Home