« Home | Teenager! » | What to Post? » | A Small Setback » | An Inconsequential Post » | Back » | Medical Problems » | Day to Day Grind » | Swing Low, Sweet Chariot » | Memory & Amazing Grace » | Benjamin Franklin: Where are you today? » 

Sunday, February 26, 2006 

The Forbidden...


Although I am forbidden to eat candy, my grandson and I are sitting here watching Batman, drinking hot chocolate, and snaking on a candy bar. Oh, there is nothing like being bad and defying your doctors orders!

The wife and grandson went into town after Church and lunch and bought a new spiffy pair of Nike shoes for my grandson. Why was I not in Church? The organ gives me the pleasure of having seizures. It’s the high notes according to my docs. What was I doing while they were in town, in bed asleep of course?

I have to build up my courage to enter that medieval torture chamber tomorrow morning. Man how I hate hospitals and the torture they put on a human body. Being in a hospital takes weeks off your life span and this ‘ol boy doesn’t have that much further to go!

Having my grandson living with us now does give an incentive to stay around a little bit longer. At ten years old, he is a ball of energy that demands attention – something he has not had in many, many years. The fault is mine; I should have acted much, much sooner than I did.

See you soon…