« Home | BUSTED BIG TIME » | A Time of Thanks » | Surgery: Son at Noon... » | Weather Report » | The Toilet Paper Hang... » | Son: Back at the ER... » | UPDATE: MY Son... » | Impotent!! Again... » | A Heavenly Meal » | Folger's and Eggs » 

Saturday, November 26, 2005 

Brutal Angina

Angina n. A sense of suffocation or suffocating pain.

Angina Pectoris - pain in the center of the chest, which is induced by exercise and relived by rest and may spread to the jaws and arms. It may be prevented by nitroglycerin and propranolol. Prolonged angina pectoris may require coronary angioplasty or coronary bypass surgery.

Last night, somewhere around 10:30 PM, while brushing my teeth in the bathroom, Angina Pectoris hit me as if I was standing on the railroad track and with the Polar Express hitting me in the chest.

””The pain was excruciating and brutal! The wife heard me fall and immediately began spraying nitroglycerin in my mouth. I believe I did pass out from the pain for possible less than a minute, this coming from the wife, but afterwards the pain continued for around ten or fifteen minutes until the nitro had time to work its magic. I managed eventually to take my nighttime medicine but forgot that it contained a pill that is a slow release of nitroglycerin for twenty-four hours.

With the pill and the amount of spray nitro taken last night I am now suffering from a prolonged nitro headache similar to a migraine. Yep, I am now high as a kite on pain medicine as I write…

Now I must admit the truth – my morning medicine can have a side affect of making me nauseated with the typical results. With the holidays and all the company and without the knowledge of the wife, I did not take my morning meds for two days. Again, this whole episode was in fact my fault.

For all you wives out there, you guessed correctly no sympathy on the home front – I suffer in silence.

Oh well, here for another day…