« Home | Soccer and Tee » | The Oscar and Brokeback Mountain » | Devious Thinking » | The Forbidden... » | Teenager! » | What to Post? » | A Small Setback » | An Inconsequential Post » | Back » | Medical Problems » 

Sunday, March 05, 2006 

Least I Should Forget

Never, never should my nitroglycerin be far from my side! A little over an hour ago, the wife and grandson are at church, and while taking a shower, a brutal and vicious angina attack knocked me to my knees. And where was my nitro, in the bedroom of course – it should have been in the bathroom with me.

Always, always the first thought is another heart attack but it could turn out too late. If you are conscious and have least tried your nitro for a total of fifteen minutes (that is the max before calling 911 but me, twenty or twenty-five is good) you can sometimes tell the difference.

It took almost fifteen minutes, although counting I was not, to get just to the bedroom door. After another, however much time and still conscious, I reached my bottle of nitro. Five sprays later, yes I use the Nitrolingual Pumpspray, one spray every five minuets and if the pain does not subside my doctor says get you’re a-s over to the phone and dial 911. Well, like the good patient that I am, it is at least four or five sprays and then you call 911. I HATE the Emergency Room with a PASSION!!

As you can see by these words, my body is still alive and kicking but the nitro-headache has already begun and will last a good 12 to 24 hours…

See you soon…I hope because when the wife finds out my nitro was not with me, more than S-T is going to hit the fan…

Well I am so glad this worked out okay. You learned your lesson though, right????? I won't yell at you because I'm sure your wife did enough of that :) Be well!!!

Post a Comment | Return Home