« Home | Devious Thinking » | The Forbidden... » | Teenager! » | What to Post? » | A Small Setback » | An Inconsequential Post » | Back » | Medical Problems » | Day to Day Grind » | Swing Low, Sweet Chariot » 

Thursday, March 02, 2006 

The Oscar and Brokeback Mountain

Having read extensively I remain a mediocre writer and one without the eloquence of words or wit. The following are just some quick thoughts on a post titled Cowpoking by RW over at Chasing Vincenzo:

As for the Oscars, no $4 fee paid, I have never watched one single show but that is in my case only. I know my wife and daughter watch them occasionally when there is a particular movie they are routing to win. A movie fan I am not but that is not to say I have not seen my share of movies and even have favorites. Give me a good book any day and I am completely satisfied.

On the subject of the gay and lesbian world, what two consenting people do in their own home is their business. I have three good friends, two gay and one lesbian, who continue to this day as wonderful individuals. Why is there not four - because “A” took care of her partner for three years until she died of breast cancer?

Do we talk about sexuality? Yes, occasionally but never to criticize. As a person has the ability to not read a particular book or watch a specific television show, they also do not have to spend money on a movie such as “Brokeback Mountain” if it offends them.

Does it offend me if a great leader, movie actor, or politician is gay or lesbian no, because it is their ability to lead, act, or represent me in the best possible manner? To answer one question that may be on the tip of your tongue, I am a Republican not a Democrat.


See you soon…