« Home | The Couch, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Me… » | Least I Should Forget » | Soccer and Tee » | The Oscar and Brokeback Mountain » | Devious Thinking » | The Forbidden... » | Teenager! » | What to Post? » | A Small Setback » | An Inconsequential Post » 

Friday, March 10, 2006 

Leaving on a Jet Plane

For the last several hours, I have been listening to Peter, Paul, and Mary’s greatest hit in 1969, Leaving on a Jet Plane. The song was recorded in 1967 but not released until 1969 – it remains their first and last great hit.

What does all this have to do with the moment you might ask? The answer is simple; I can no longer continue Blogging unless my health improves. Said and done! How I wish it could be different. I leave you with a few lines of the lyrics but listening to the song is so much better:

I'm ... I'm ...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go

Bless you, sir.

I wish you well. I understand your need to be absent from the blogging world. I hope that I will continue to hear from you through email. Keep me posted. I'm thinking of you.

How did you change the font size on this template? Helppppp!

jimwrites@yahoo.com

Post a Comment | Return Home