« Home | Leaving on a Jet Plane » | The Couch, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Me… » | Least I Should Forget » | Soccer and Tee » | The Oscar and Brokeback Mountain » | Devious Thinking » | The Forbidden... » | Teenager! » | What to Post? » | A Small Setback » 

Friday, September 29, 2006 

Back Among the Living

To the left is a picture of my cubicle I call the Helmsman’s Station after an old Bill Baldwin Science Fiction novel. Ninety percent of my time is spent before my computer punching out words for my book, conversing with friends over the internet or simply surfing my favorite blogs. This area is also my reading room as you can see by the few bookcases in the picture. As it calculates out right now, seven new bookcases need to be in place to handle a serious overflow.

The bookcases do not even hold my collection of Modern Firsts – archival shelving and boxes do. The UPS, FedEx, and DHL drivers know me by my nickname. They will even send me a get-well card when I am in the hospital.

Whether or not my blogging will continue is not fully resolved however, the possibility of coming back is seriously under review. My health is not at 100%, in fact, it is not even close to 80%. The true realization for me is that it will never be back at 100% again nor likely much greater than 80%.

One area of my life has not changed my reading of Shakespeare for 15 to 60 minutes each night. Before leaving two books well worth the effort of reading are Montana 1948, by Larry Watson and Motherless Brooklyn, by Jonathan Lethem.

See you on the return…